Marble statues of Indian gods have been a part of Indian culture for centuries. These statues not only serve as a decorative piece but also have spiritual significance. In Hinduism, it is believed that having a statue of a deity at home brings blessings and positive energy. Here are a few reasons why you should consider using marble statues of Indian gods for your home.
Throughout history, artisans have experimented with a wide range of mediums to sculpt statues. While many sculptors still use carved wood, cast bronze, and fired clay, none of them are quite as captivating as Marble.
Marble artworks are amongst the most prominent sculptures in the world and have a prevalence in history and contemporary art alike. From Aphrodite of Milos to David by Michelangelo, marble sculptures have stood the test of time and have gained timeless popularity.
But first, what is Marble?
Marble is a metamorphic rock. It’s made of the limestone part of the naturally occurring stone and is mainly composed of calcite. Marble comes into existence when sedimentary or igneous rocks are compressed under extreme pressure or heat.
They’re usually obtained in large slabs and are widely used in temples to create statues of deities like Lord Krishna or Lord Ganesh.
Jaipur is known as the heart of marble carvings and sculptures of idols. Carvers in Jaipur use different kinds of marbles, from white to various shades and patterns, for these statues. They have unique skills and talents that have been passed on from generation to generation when it comes to sculpting idols.
Why is Jaipur known as the Heart of Marble Carvings and Sculptures?
Sawai Jai Singh II, then ruler of Jaipur, dreamt of a city so beautiful that it would be known amongst one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Even under a threat of war, the king managed to provide a safe haven for artisans in his city.
These artisans, in turn, chose to flourish palaces, monuments, and forts with marble statues and carvings. Sawai Jai Singh II loved art, and his successors praised and promoted artisans, too.
It’s because of them that the world now knows Jaipur for its Marble Statues and Sculptures industry.
Why do temples commonly have marble statues instead of wood or brass?
There is a reason why artisans in Jaipur chose Marble as their choice of medium.
Sculptors prefer Marble because the stone is relatively easy to work with because of its softness when first extracted. It’s entirely weather-resistant and ages like a fine bottle of wine; it becomes tough and dense with time and grows even more beautiful and valuable as they age.
Like human skin, Marble has a low refractive index. This means it allows light to penetrate the stone and gives it its beautiful trademark shine. The closest alternative for Marble is the traditional limestone. Still, with Marble’s finer grain, it’s easier for artisans to carve much more minute details than with limestone or any other stone, for that matter.
However, using Marble does have a few drawbacks.
There are different types of marbles available. While they’re all formed the same way, not all of them have the same beauty and quality due to how and where it is formed.
This is why there is a considerable fluctuation in pricing when it comes to marble statues. But if you’re looking to find true stone marbles, they’re extremely rare and expensive, which is why they’re so desirable to collectors.
Marble statues made in Jaipur are in huge demand all over the world. It’s not just the quality of statues but also the artisans’ skill that makes them so popular. In fact, Jaipur artisans are invited to different parts of the world for their fine artwork.
At KarigarOfficial, we can ship marble statues directly from the local sculptors in Jaipur to any part of the world. If you’re interested in buying marble sculptures, you can check them out here.
1. Aesthetic appeal: Marble statues are beautiful and add to the aesthetic appeal of your home. They come in various sizes, designs, and colors, making them perfect for any type of interior. Marble statues are a symbol of luxury and elegance that can add a touch of sophistication to your home decor.
2. Spiritual significance: In Hinduism, it is believed that having a statue of a deity at home brings blessings and positive energy. Marble statues of Indian gods are not just decorative pieces, but they also have spiritual significance. They are considered sacred and can help create a spiritual atmosphere in your home.
3. Reminders of values: Marble statues of Indian gods serve as a reminder of the values and principles that are important in Hinduism. For example, a statue of Lord Ganesha is a reminder of the importance of overcoming obstacles in life, while a statue of Lord Shiva represents the power of transformation andchange. These statues can help instill these values in your daily life and serve as a source of inspiration.
4. Blessings and protection: Marble statues of Indian gods are believed to bring blessings and protection to the home. They are considered to be powerful symbols that can ward off negative energies and bring peace and harmony to the household.
5. Meditation and spiritual practice: Marble statues of Indian gods are often used in meditation and spiritual practices. They can help create a peaceful atmosphere and serve as a focal point for meditation. Many people believe that meditating in front of a statue of their chosen deity can help them connect with the divine and deepen their spiritual practice.
In conclusion, marble statues of Indian gods can be a beautiful and meaningful addition to your home decor. They not only add aesthetic appeal but also serve as reminders of important values and bring blessings and protection to the household. Whether you are a follower of Hinduism or simply appreciate the beauty and symbolism of these statues, incorporating them into your home can have a positive impact on your life.
So, if you are looking for a way to add spiritual significance and beauty to your home, consider investing in a marble statue of an Indian god. We at KARIGAROFFICIAL offers a wide range of options to choose from. Ensure that you choose a reputable manufacturer of marble statues like us who holds Happy customer Feedbacks in their bucket to ensure that you buy an authentic and high-quality marble statue that will last long and stand the test of time. With a marble statue of an Indian god in your home, you can create a peaceful and uplifting atmosphere that will uplift your spirits and refresh your mind from the stresses of daily life.